Manufacturer Spot Light: Merida Kids Rugs
This company is an environmentalist’s dream manufacturer! I was thrilled, because of my own pursuits and pursuits of The Green Playroom’s, to find a truly environmentally friendly kid’s rug manufacturer who has all the elements of great design wrapped up in an extremely sustainable package!
The children’s rugs are:
1. Elegant, stylish, current, and everything a parent wants out of a children’s rug!
2. Fashion-forward and timeless (Yes, it happens!)
3. Made of natural fibers
4. Non-toxic, sustainable, and eco-friendly
5. Biodegradable and compostable by nature (I hear music, do you hear it too?)
6. Custom woven–Just like that, just for you!
7. Easy on your indoor air quality. You can breathe easy after opening the packaging.
The manufacturing focuses on:
1. Capitalizing on the unique nature of natural fibers and sustainability
2. Creatively overcome what other manufacturers see as “limitations” to produce durable, high-end rugs for children.
3. Reducing their carbon footprint
4. Reducing waste and pollution in production
5. Fair compensation for workers and a zero tolerance for child labor
“Sustainability has been a core value at Merida Meridian for over 30 years. To us, sustainability encompasses the continuity and permanence of families, communities, organizations and the earth itself. We dedicate ourselves to and are guided by this principle.
Of course, being a sustainable company involves complex environmental, social and economic considerations. We thoughtfully weigh these interrelated factors in all our business decisions, bringing us closer to the ideal of 100% sustainability every day.”
Merida makes children’s rugs with designs full of class, color and consciousness. Just look at these patterns!